Saturday, December 5, 2009

not your typical burger.

Busy day yesterday. So action-packed, in fact, that it went until 3 am and I am just getting around to writing about it this afternoon. 

Jeff and I rode our bikes around for most of the day (since my toe is preventing me from walking for any extended period of time) and stopped for lunch in Harajuku.  I got what was apparently the popular "ladies choice" with avocado and onion as the topping rather than meat.  I'm sorry, but who needs additional meat as a topping on their meat patty?


Oh, and if chopsticks scare you: look! a knife and fork!



Notice the lack of bun and heaping plate of white rice that is served with the burger.  It was really really good and topped with a soy/wasabi sauce.


After that we stopped at one of the ubiquitous creperies in Harajuku.  This one is so cute in a little trolly car-like thing.





Taking the obligatory while-we-wait self portrait (please excuse the camera shadow under jeff's nose - he is not a dirty chimney sweep) 



After that, we had a few friends over to hang out.  Since the trains stop running at 1 a.m. if you're out after that, you have to wait until they start running again at 5 a.m. to go home.  We stayed up with them until about 3 a.m. before I crashed.   When those guys get chatting...

Mata ne,
Melissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment