when the cat's away...
What's a girl to do when she finds herself home alone in her tiny little apartment one cold, snowy evening? Clean the bathroom? Don't be silly.
I started the evening off right with a nice home-cooked prepared dinner. A classic. The peanut butter and jelly sandwich (don't worry, the husband didn't leave me alone with no food - this was me spoiling myself).
Then I puttered around for a bit. Thought about doing some work to prepare for lessons this week. Decided that would be a poor use of my "me time." Wrote a few emails. Ate a few pieces of chocolate (note to self: buy multi-vitamins). Poured myself a glass of wine. Decided to play around with photo booth.
Commence photo booth montage:
Starting to get boring.
Obligatory Japanese high school girl pose.
Fun with comic book effect.
Ok, enough of that. I'm off to get started on one of the three books I picked out at the library today. Another pillar of Japanese literature, Kenzaburo Oe (winner of the 1994 Nobel Prize), and two pillars of American literature, F. Scott Fitzgerald and Henry James.
Mata ne,
Melissa
Melissa
P.S. For those of you who are concerned about such things, I was not a bum all day. I followed yesterday's 11 mile run with 2500 yards meters in the pool today. Surprisingly, the run was easier.





2 comments:
i braved the nastiest weather tokyo has offered in my memory to return back home and save you from your aloneness. our peanut butter supplies certainly look more depleted than before i left...
Don't worry Jeff. We will be there in less than a month and will bring more peanut butter supplies. Unlike Aaron - we will be sure to put it in our checked baggage so the TSA cannot confiscate it!
Post a Comment