eight crazy nights
Happy Channuka!!
On this night we lit three Channuka candles. We have had to improvise our menorah as a menorah did not make the cut when we were packing our lives away to travel around the world. My cowboy boots are another story (there are some things a girl just can't live without).
And they are cute so we can use them even if it's not Channuka. Bonus. And they remind us of a beautiful glass menorah we got from a friend for the wedding. Double bonus.
This is how we configured them for the holiday:
Notice our lovely kitchen towel tablecloth? We're working with what we've got here folks. Here is us lighting our first Channuka candles together as married people!
We've gotten pretty good at the self-portrait thing, but not as good at the self-portrait-with-object-in-background thing. I swear there is a lit candle back there. Right behind Jeff's big head.
What did we get ourselves as our first married Channuka family gift? Any guesses? Looks like you'll have to wait to find out...
Mata ne,
Melissa
4 comments:
hint: our hannukah (my preferred spelling) present to ourselves was not a "me" present. blog surely to follow. right, m?
I hope you remembered to sing the "on this night, let us light" song.
I loved the cowboy boots comment! I hope you brought your Toby Keith CDs, too!
I don't own any Toby Keith CDs to bring. I have however been listening to the Glee soundtrack on repeat.
Post a Comment