Thursday, February 25, 2010

good day sunshine

Today's forecast for Syracuse, NY:
(courtesy of weather.com)

Cloudy with temperatures steady near the low 30s. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snowfall of 1 to 2 inches through 10am.


Don't worry, it gets better...

Winter storm warning for Syracuse, NY until 7 a.m. EST Friday.  
 [That's Friday, for the record.  Not Thursday. Winter storm warning through tomorrow.]

Snow will become steadier and heavier this morning across Central New York and Northeast Pennsylvania. Expect snow, heavy at times this afternoon and tonight. Snowfall rates will range from 1 to 3 inches per hour late today and this evening.  By the time the snow tapers off late tonight storm totals of 12 to 20 inches will be common.


That blue up there, in the weather.com satellite picture - that's all snow.

Wow.  Be careful out there.   Get out the warm blankets and locate your flashlights, just in case.  My prescription for a day like that: a bottle of red wine and a good book.

In other news...
Today's weather in Tokyo, Japan:

63° F and SUNNY. 

My prescription for a day like that: iced caramel soy latte and a good book.

Sorry if the picture is a little bright. It really was that sunny.

I can't say I'm missing the Northeast right now.  I know I'll be buried in it with you next year, so I'll enjoy this while I can.  Of course, as Jeff keeps reminding me, it's supposed to rain for the next three days.  And Sunday is the Tokyo Marathon in which he is running.  Neither of us are excited about that.

I did make a really good sign for him though - it's waterproof.

Gambare!!
Melissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment