thieves!
Aaron is arriving in Tokyo in a matter of hours. We are super excited to see him and to see the few small things we've requested he bring from the States.
Anyone who knows me will not be surprised to hear that peanut butter was on my list. Not just any peanut butter. All natural peanut butter - the kind that has just two ingredients: peanuts and salt. Preferably crunchy, but beggars can't be choosers.
Our other request was deodorant - one for each of us. We even emailed Aaron a picture of our preferred brands and scents to make it extra easy on him. Who knew deodorant was not considered the necessity it is in the parts of the world to which I am accustomed? I haven't noticed that people are generally stinkier here, but I suppose we've only been here in the colder months so far. I'll let you know if my opinion on that changes in July.
Aaron, being the wonderful little brother that he is, came through big time for us. He went out of the way (well, made two stops on his way home from work one day) to pick up specialty peanut butter and scour the deodorant aisle for sticks that matched the pictures. All would have been fine except for one thing: the FAA.
Being the suspicious character we all know and love, Aaron's bag was searched, and the FAA confiscated my peanut butter. Right now some FAA screeners are probably sitting in an office somewhere on the east coast enjoying sandwiches made from my tasty peanut butter goodness! Don't they know how hard that stuff is to find here?!
Fortunately, we still have one full jar to consume before I find myself in dire straits. And fortunately for Aaron, we'll still let him stay with us even though the FAA stole his meal ticket. And we won't even be stinky because they let him keep the deodorant.
Mata ne,
Melissa
Anyone who knows me will not be surprised to hear that peanut butter was on my list. Not just any peanut butter. All natural peanut butter - the kind that has just two ingredients: peanuts and salt. Preferably crunchy, but beggars can't be choosers.
Our other request was deodorant - one for each of us. We even emailed Aaron a picture of our preferred brands and scents to make it extra easy on him. Who knew deodorant was not considered the necessity it is in the parts of the world to which I am accustomed? I haven't noticed that people are generally stinkier here, but I suppose we've only been here in the colder months so far. I'll let you know if my opinion on that changes in July.
Aaron, being the wonderful little brother that he is, came through big time for us. He went out of the way (well, made two stops on his way home from work one day) to pick up specialty peanut butter and scour the deodorant aisle for sticks that matched the pictures. All would have been fine except for one thing: the FAA.
Being the suspicious character we all know and love, Aaron's bag was searched, and the FAA confiscated my peanut butter. Right now some FAA screeners are probably sitting in an office somewhere on the east coast enjoying sandwiches made from my tasty peanut butter goodness! Don't they know how hard that stuff is to find here?!
Fortunately, we still have one full jar to consume before I find myself in dire straits. And fortunately for Aaron, we'll still let him stay with us even though the FAA stole his meal ticket. And we won't even be stinky because they let him keep the deodorant.
Mata ne,
Melissa

1 comments:
I think it must have been the TSA that thought your brother was going to take down the plane by clogging something with all natural, organic, keep in the fridge, just two ingrediants, addictive, crunchy, PB. We will be sure to put our supply in the checked bags. Can you imagine your mother going to Japan for 10 days with just a carry on?
Post a Comment