Thursday, April 8, 2010

lunaversary number seven!

Tuesday we celebrated our seven month lunaversary and as is the custom in this family (established precisely seven months ago) we celebrated in style.

We spent much of the day walking around enjoying a beautiful Tokyo day.  The sakura are in full bloom and we were able to take in some hanami (flower viewing) in the Imperial Palace gardens.  Of course, on a beautiful day the garden, which is only open at select times of the year, was packed with both Japanese and foreign tourists.  It was worth fighting the crowds though!

 In the evening we went out for a nice dinner at a small restaurant right in our neighborhood that I've been wanting to check out for some time.  We're sure glad we did!  The servers were very attentive, the food was amazing and very reasonably priced, and the sake pouring, as you can see, was quite generous!
Not only is the good sized cup overflowing, but the dish under it is completely filled to the brim!  Let's just say I only had one.

It was a great find.  I wish I could share with all the world the name of the place, but unfortunately, I have no idea what it was.  I'm fairly certain that it doesn't have one.  At least not one advertised on the outisde of the building.  It is instead distinguished by two large dried fish that grace the front of the facade.  We will be going again.  Very shortly in fact!

We spent the whole cold and rainy day Wednesday cleaning our whole entire apartment from top to bottom and doing every piece of laundry we could find in preparation from our next set of visitors....

Mata ne,
Melissa

Editor's note: Jeff claims it does have a name.  I'll check this out tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment