Happy Birthday Jeff!
Today is Jeff's 30th birthday!!
He has to give a presentation on his research (he just got here to start it and he has to give a presentation already?) to his sponsoring professor's seminar this evening so he's been working on that all day instead of celebrating. It's just as well though, since it's been raining all day so we wouldn't really want to be out and about.
For breakfast I treated him to awesome cinnamon french toast made of Danish bread. I am not really sure what Danish bread is (it is not like a danish that you'd find with jelly or something in America), but its thick and crusty and they have it at the Gourmet City by our house. I also got a nice bottle of wine the other day, and I am going to slip out and attempt to purchase a small cake (hopefully there will be no verbal exchange necessary) while he's in his presentation. Normally I'd bake something delicious like whiskey cake, but our kitchen here leaves something to be desired and I have yet to tackle the grimy oven that isn't even big enough to fit a cake.
If you haven't yet, you can send him an email or call our skype number (it's free!) and wish him a happy birthday!
Matane,
Melissa
1 comments:
Happy birthday to Jeff!
Hmmm. guess it was yesterday for you, ...that 14 hour time difference.
Steve
Post a Comment