time for tokyo
We were married just over two months ago. I knew the move to Tokyo would follow the wedding, but somehow I managed to not give it a second thought. Between preparing to leave my full-time job and preparing for the wedding, I had more important things to think about.
But here we are. We'll be living in Tokyo for almost a year while Jeff does research for his dissertation. For a control freak such as myself, it's incredibly frustrating not speaking Japanese while living in Japan. I have no idea what people are saying to me, I could barely participate in the apartment search process, and I can't even order food for myself in a restaurant. Jeff has been incredibly patient. I can't say the same for myself.
We've been here almost three weeks, and I have really enjoyed exploring Tokyo so far (more on that to come). Now is the hard part. Jeff's started his research and I have to start getting serious about learning Japanese and finding something to do with my time.
I'll be posting on the transition to married life (which is awesome, by the way), living in Tokyo, the things I miss about America, and the things I don't.
Let me know if you want to hear about something specific or if you have suggestions for me.
Matane! (later!)
Melissa
0 comments:
Post a Comment