well hello, miss march!
Where has the time gone? It's hard to believe Jeff and I have been living in Tokyo for 4 months already!
The weather is beginning to change, and aside from February taking one last cheap shot at us on Sunday with nasty conditions for the marathon, I think we're in for a beautiful new season. The trees are already beginning to blossom and I am very excited for what's to come. Something I've been looking forward to since before we crossed the pacific: the sakura.
Sakura (cherry blossoms) are an integral part of the identity of this country. Flower viewing (hanami) is a sport in which all participate in the spring, sipping sake and enjoying bento under the trees.
The trees have just started to hint at the beauty that is to come, but it's enough to get me on the edge of my seat, ready to toast the season.
Mata ne,
Melissa
The weather is beginning to change, and aside from February taking one last cheap shot at us on Sunday with nasty conditions for the marathon, I think we're in for a beautiful new season. The trees are already beginning to blossom and I am very excited for what's to come. Something I've been looking forward to since before we crossed the pacific: the sakura.
Sakura (cherry blossoms) are an integral part of the identity of this country. Flower viewing (hanami) is a sport in which all participate in the spring, sipping sake and enjoying bento under the trees.
The trees have just started to hint at the beauty that is to come, but it's enough to get me on the edge of my seat, ready to toast the season.
Mata ne,
Melissa

2 comments:
The sakura are beautiful. Enjoy the season.
A note on your previous entry. (I've already congratulated Jeffrey.) Congratulations to you on your chasing him around as he ran. This is your third marathon chase and you are doing a great job. (I had the pleasure of chasing with you on the first one) I don't think I ever gave Roz and my family enough credit for chasing me around on my many marathons. And Roz even threatened, twice, never to go to another marathon. The first was in Philadelphia in 1983 when Michael, a almost two year old, ate an apple he dropped in horse manure, from a policeman's horse, while waiting for me to finish 45 minutes after I said I would. She thought I was dead. The second time was in 1998 (yes it took 15 years fro her to go to another one) at the Marine Corps Marathon when I had to be carried to the medical tent by two female Marines, took an ambulance from the finish line to the metro, threw up both on the escalator down and on the train. Ah yes, another great marathon! You do deserve a lot of credit.
Dick
Melissa- really, really beautifull picture!
Post a Comment