Sunday, February 28, 2010

tokyo marathon: the after

Congratulations Jeff!!

Jeff ran a personal best today and broke 3 hours in the marathon (for those who aren't in the know, that's really really good)!!  He came in top 500 (Jeff insists on precision: 411th) out of about 32,000 runners - I'd say that's pretty awesome, but I'm not exactly objective.

To celebrate, I took him out to, in our opinion, the best Indian restaurant on the planet: New Koenji India (Koenji is the area where we live - original name, huh?).  Michael, Sara, and Aaron can all attest to both how great the food is and our big love for it is.

There's the winner enjoying his celebratory mango lassi.

Jeff has this tendency to wear a hat all day and then take it off just in time for me to take a picture...

You're all welcome to send your congratulations to Jeff on his job well done.  And congratulations to me on running around Tokyo all day in the rain cheering for him.  I'll let you all make your own decisions on who suffered more.

Race recap from the man himself coming as soon as he's able to walk down stairs again.  He went up the ladder to our loft and may be up there for a while. 

Mata ne,
Melissa

1 comments:

fetasushi March 2, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

ow ow ow. ouchie ouchie.

Post a Comment